Scientists have now proven that exposure to elements like sun, smoke, and air pollution can cause premature wrinkling, age spots, and other signs of aging. New research specifically shows that UVA rays are responsible for premature signs of skin aging.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT UVA RAYS
– UVA rays generate free radicals that break down collagen and cause premature aging
– UVA rays cause DNA mutations that lead to aggressive forms of skin cancer
– UVA rays go to all layers of the kin; UVB rays go no deeper than the outer layers of the skin
– UVA rays penetrate glass, are present year-round, and are 1000x more plentiful than UVB rays
– Most sunscreens don’t completely protect you from UVA rays