Motherhood is without a doubt one of the most fulfilling experiences in life. It is also one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. Raising children requires you to constantly make sacrifices in order to put the needs of your kids first. Often, these sacrifices force you to neglect important needs such as sleep, exercise and nutrition. This can create challenges when trying to take care of yourself.
The rigors of pregnancy and childbirth take their toll on your body and when you lack proper nutrition, sleep and exercise, it can be challenging for your body to bounce back in the months and years after having children. This is one of the main reasons why many women struggle to regain their pre-pregnancy figure. If this describes your situation, then you may want to consider a mommy makeover.
At Plastic Surgeons of Lexington, we can perform a mommy makeover to help you regain the figure you enjoyed prior to having children. A mommy makeover consists of a combination of breast surgery and body contouring procedures intended to address the changes to your body caused by pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Our plastic surgeons will customize your procedure to address your unique needs and goals.
You can receive individualized mommy makeover recommendations by speaking with our plastic surgeons in person. Please call today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Lexington and the surrounding areas of Kentucky.
Before and After Photos
How Does Pregnancy Impact My Body?
It is common for pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding to impact your body in a variety of ways, including:
- Lost breast volume
- Sagging breasts
- Excess fat and loose skin in the stomach region
- Stretched or torn abdominal muscles
- Changes to your body’s fat content, resulting in stubborn areas of fat that are hard to eliminate through diet and exercise
- Stretch marks in the abdominal region
While diet and exercise can help counteract these changes to some degree, it is common to find that these efforts alone aren’t enough to achieve your desired outcome. A mommy makeover can help put the finishing touches on your hard work in order to restore the figure you had before becoming a mother.
Am I a Mommy Makeover Candidate?
You may be a good mommy makeover candidate if you would like to address one or more of the following:
- Enlarged areola after pregnancy
- Sagging breasts
- Loose, deflated or asymmetrical breasts
- Stretch marks on your breasts or stomach
- Excess fat in the abdomen, lower back, arms, hips, or thighs
- Loose, hanging abdominal skin
- Loose abdominal muscles or a bulging stomach appearance
- Visible C-section scars
In addition, you should be in good overall health and have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure. In order to achieve long-lasting results, you should be fit and near your ideal body weight. If you smoke, you must be willing to quit prior to your procedure and throughout the recovery period since smoking can adversely impact healing and results.
While future pregnancies won’t rule you out as a mommy makeover candidate, they may potentially have a negative impact on your results. For this reason, our plastic surgeons generally recommend that you wait to undergo a mommy makeover until you are finished having children.
What Procedures are Included in a Mommy Makeover?
All women have a different response to the rigors associated with pregnancy. As a result, you may not experience the same issues as someone else. For this reason, all mommy makeovers are customized and will only include the procedures that address your specific areas of concern.
Depending on your goals, your mommy makeover may include one or more of the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation – Breast augmentation can be performed to restore lost breast volume and provide a more attractive breast appearance
- Breast lift – A breast lift will address sagging issues and restore a more youthful breast appearance
- Breast reduction – Breast reduction can be performed to improve the appearance of large, saggy breasts
- Liposuction – Liposuction can help you get rid of any remaining baby weight by removing targeted areas of fat to provide a more toned figure
- Tummy tuck – A tummy tuck can be performed to address any changes to your abdominal region, including stretched muscles, excess skin and fat, or stretch marks
- Brazilian butt lift – You can put that excess fat removed during liposuction to good use with a Brazilian butt lift, which involves performing a fat transfer procedure to achieve a fuller, rounder buttocks appearance
Recovery after a Mommy Makeover
The specifics of your recovery will vary depending on the procedures included in your mommy makeover. Our surgeons will provide you with specific aftercare instructions to follow during the first few weeks of recovery.
In general, you will need to avoid exercise and strenuous activity for approximately 4-6 weeks. Our surgeons will closely monitor your healing and let you know when it is safe to resume these activities. It may take 3-6 months before your final results are visible.
Contact our Lexington Plastic Surgeons
Please contact Plastic Surgeons of Lexington using the form on this page or call us today to schedule a mommy makeover consultation. We serve patients in Lexington, Frankfort, Georgetown, and the surrounding areas of Kentucky.